|Photos in this album are not for sale|
Chanticleer Garden is an estate and botanical garden located at 786 Church Road, Wayne, Pennsylvania..
Chanticleer was built as the estate of Christine Penrose and Adolph G. Rosengarten, Sr. He was head of the Philadelphia pharmaceutical manufacturer Rosengarten & Sons, founded in 1822 to produce guinine, and which in 1927 became part of Merc and CO. After his mother's death, Adolph G. Rosengarten, Jr. tore down his own stone house on the grounds to create its "ruin," then gave the 35-acre (140,000 m2) property, including his parent's mansion, as a public garden. It opened to visitors in 1993. The garden contains lawns and large trees, the Asian woods, a pond garden, the ruin and gravel garden, teacup garden, tennis court garden, and woodland.
this info from http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chanticleer_Garden
<< All categories|